Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Kale Project

Kale is a superfood! I read some information about Kale in Super Baby Food book by Ruth Yaron. And according to Wikipedia, "Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, and rich in calcium. Kale is a source of two carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin.] Kale, as with broccoli and other brassicas, contains sulforaphane (particularly when chopped or minced), a chemical with potent anti-cancer properties."

Unfortunately, it is not easy to find kale in France. So I was happy when I found kale plants in this nursery, Plantes Aromatiques. (check the category "Les Légumes Anciens"). But then, I was happier to find someone that sells kale seeds! Go to this blog The Kale Project to find out about the seeds that they sell on Etsy (shipped from Paris).

I received my seeds last Saturday and I got some interesting gifts: a recycled tote bag, stickers and a recipe (in two languages - french and english). Yummy...!




No comments: