Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Kolak Pisang dan Ubi (Banana and Sweet Potato in Coconut Milk)

This is a simple Indonesian dessert. But I've just tried to make it today. Thank's to my friend, Rita, who gave me the idea to make this yummy dessert.


Usually, kolak is served for breaking the fasting days during Ramadhan. And when I was still living in Indonesia, sometimes I could not stand to eat it too much coz it was too sweet for me. So since I wanted to make it by myself, I reduced the sugar a little bit.

Some recipes can be found in these following sites:
And I finally made my kolak like this:
  • 2 Banana Plantains (Pisang Tanduk), cut into round pieces
  • 1 Sweet Potato (Ubi Merah), cut into cubes
  • 200 ml Coconut milk (Santan), ready to use in a box
  • 100 g tbsp Palm Sugar (Gula jawa)
  • 1 Pandan Leave
  • 500 ml Water (air)
  • Salt (garam)
How to cook:
  • Boil the water, then add palm sugar, pandan leave, salt and coconut milk. Stir for a while.
  • Add sweet potato cubes, cook them until half-cooked.
  • Finally, add banana. Cook until both banana and sweet potato are well-cooked.
We can eat this kolak with ice cubes if we prefer to have a cold dessert. I think it will be good during summer season. Hmm...

No comments: