Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Garden in July

It's finally summer... I think.

My plants are more or less happy. But I saw that some could not stand the heat. Yeah, dilema gitu... Dingin bingung, panas bingung. For sure, due to the weather, I lost some of my gardening spirit *syahh...* I just keep watering them, taking care of some dried leaves, moving them to a shadow area if they look "tired" of the heat (just for those in small containers - I could not move the big planter).


  • My Aster grew so fast after I moved it to a bigger container.
  • Lettuces from my father-in-law... Growing so nice, nice, nice... 
  • My marigolds are blooming... Pretty!
  • My tomatoes are coming! Yey! Some of their leaves are yellowing, I do not know for sure what is happening. It was started since couple months ago.
  • My radishes are growing well. Some premier leaves are yellowing too :(
  • Last photo, from the left: bitter melon plant, I-do-not-know plant (received it last year from a friend), strawberry plants, anthemis (white flowers), basil (store bought - almost die again), etc (small plants).


  • Basilic citron (citron basil) is finally growing but is disturbed by some cilantro babies (I don't even remember when I dropped those cilantro seeds)
  • Kale, oregano and thym plants. Kale plants are mixed between those I bought at the nursery and those I grew from seeds.
  • Lavender and mint plants. Love that lavender's appearance. Jolies...
  • Chives! Mixed between those I bought chez Botanic, those that regrew from last year and those from father-in-law's garden. I love chives!



Bitter melon, surprising me... From 8 seeds that I received from my friend, five were growing in different timing. But this one was the best seed, I think, because it was growing first and stay alive during couple of cold weeks outside. I keep another bitter melon plant, growing in an empty milk bottle. The rest, I threw them because of not growing well after couple of weeks. See, my bitter melon plant is having some flowers... Happy!

***

I still have some potato plants but their leaves are yellowing. I tried to check if some of them were ready to be harvested. But from the potatoes that I got, I did not think so. They were so small.  Now I start to realize something about its soil... Yea...

I also still have some chili plants that are still small >_< And I let two lettuce plants growing until they are tall. I just want to know the seeds that they will produce.

This week, I tried to grow some pak choi (chinese cabbage) seeds, some Indonesian spinach seeds (again) and some more cilantro seeds (because I often need cilantro leaves). I also planted... some green bean seeds that I received from d'Aucy. Yes, they sent me... I think they sent to everyone that participated in the last year contest. For this year contest, see here: CLICK




No comments: