Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Pelecing Kangkung

Finally I met fresh water spinach at Paris Store, the big asian supermarket. Before, everytime I saw this vegetable there, it did not look fresh, seemed so ugly... not interesting. But today, when my neighbour, Hélène, and me did a little shopping there, I could find the fresh one. Yuppie!

Then I browsed for cooking ideas at the internet. It came up with a final decision to make Pelecing Kangkung. Hoaaa... very hot...

The original recipe was taken from Dapoerkoe. But as usual, I modified according to the ingredients I had at home.

Voila... special for my baby...!


Ingredients:
  • 200 - 300 g water spinach (liseron d'eau), cut the hard part of the stem and then cook in the boiling water for around 7-10 min
  • 50 g peanuts (arachide), fry in hot oil
For sambal:
  • 5 red chillies, cut into two pieces
  • 1 fresh tomato (I replaced with 8 table spoons of fresh tomato puree from my mother-in-law)
  • 2 tea spoons of ready-to-use shrimp paste
  • 1 tea spoon of salt
  • a half tea spoon of sugar in powder
  • 2 tea spoons of lime juice
Instructions:
  • For sambal:
  1. Grind the chillies and the shrimp paste.
  2. Mix with salt and sugar, grind together.
  3. Add the tomato puree and lime juice, mix well.
  • How to serve:
  1. Put some rice on the plate, add some cooked water spinach over it.
  2. Pour the sambal
  3. Add the fried peanut

Notes:
  • Please reduce the chillies according to your condition. With 5 chillies, I believe some of you will drink so much water...
  • If you use fresh tomato, cut into pieces, then grind together with the chillies before adding salt and sugar.
  • I added some fried anchovies to complete my eating-indonesian-food desire...

No comments: