Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mac & cheese


Two weeks ago, I was having a very bad flu and my husband was out of town for 3-day-business trip. I was so weak, I did not have extra strength to cook. But we did not have any more frozen baby food in the freezer. So when I dropped my older daughter at the school, I stopped by at one supermarket to buy some Blédina jars. Not may option for the taste because we do not eat pork. So I chosed those with fish. Unfortunately, my baby did not like it. I was confused. What should I do?

Suddenly I remember a song at one of Barney's VCD - Let's Play School. I got a quick clue. Macaroni and cheese! Simple and fast.

First, I cooked the macaroni in a pan. And, at the same time, I cooked some leeks with garlic and olive oil. When both were well-cooked, I mixed them and added with some grated cheese. I took a little amount of that dish for my baby. After that, I added some salt and slices of turkey. Of course that was for me and my older daughter. We needed to eat too ^_^

Voila! One time cooking for all. Thank's Barney!

No comments: