Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sate Ayam Bumbu BBQ (Chicken Satay with BBQ Sauce)


Couple days ago, I wanted to eat sate ayam. It had been a long time that I did not eat that food. So, I browsed around and found an interesting recipe in Budi Boga's site (in Indonesian language). I tried it with slight modifications. It was super delicious!
  • 600 g chicken meat (I took chicken fillet, chopped into small pieces, around 2x2 cm)
  • 1 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp soya sauce
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
Directions:
  • Mix the chicken meat with all other ingredients, then keep it refrigerated for about 30-60 minutes.
  • Grill the meat by using bamboo skewers.
  • Serve with peanut butter sauce or just a mix sauce of sweet soya sauce and chopped green chillies.

My note:
  • I tried three ways to cook/grill this satay. First, I tried with bamboo skewers and grilled in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. Second, I just used a usual pan to fry (not adding cooking oil, just using the butter that covered the chicken meat). Third, I used the grill pan and put it on the stove (see photo). From those ways, I prefer the second and the third.
  • If you do not like peanut butter sauce and sweet soya sauce, this food can be consumed without any of them. Yes, just eat like that, accompanied with some rice and fresh vegetable. Simple, heh...

No comments: