Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

October Sewing

I've been away for a while. Busy as usual for mommy and wifey things. So now, to make it fast, I'd like to put all at the same time. 


October 4, 2011: My First Cloth Pad


I used my Zigie Zag cloth pad as a sample in term of the pattern. And these are the layers I made:

  • Outer: Soft flanel
  • Inner: Fleece
  • Soaker: Bamboo terry (3 layers)
  • No waterproof layer



I made this cloth pad as my first contact with my new snap plier. Yes, finally I bought it, and the right one (I bought another plier a month before and then I found out it was not the one I wanted).




October 8, 2011: My Rolling-in-outer Trimsies


This is my 5th Trimsies Trainer. It's getting better and better. 

  • Outer: not sure whether it's a pure cotton or mixed with poly. I bought it as fabric scraps set. Anyway, the texture is soft and it is stretch fabric.
  • Side panel: cotton, fabric scrap too from my mom in Jakarta (she likes to make bed sheets and sometimes she sends me her fabric scraps).
  • Inner: cotton for muslin nappy. It was made by my mom for my lil one, a muslin nappy with size of 100x100cm. I hope she will forgive me for cutting that nappy.
  • Soaker: cotton terry but I do not remember how many layer it has.









October 14, 2011: Newborn Fitted Diaper with Darling Diaper Free Pattern


Since I TNT-ed, I was a lil bit confused with the seam allowance. Well, it's not bad for first trial. 

  • Outer and inner: cotton terry
  • Closure: hook and loop
  • No umbilical cord snap down, I forgot









October 17, 2011: Newborn Fitted Diaper with DD Free Pattern again


But this time, with an umbilical cord snap down and with snap closure.

  • Outer: cotton in batik
  • Inner: cotton terry
  • Closure: as I mentioned above, snaps




No comments: