Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Easy DIY, a Fleece Scarf


Before the winter was started, I thought of making a simple fleece scarf for my little one. At that time, we did not have one for her yet. But then we decided to buy one, knitted scarf, on the store. And a month later, my mother in-law bought another one for her, in fleece, at DPAM store. This fuchsia scarf lookes very simple. But I loved it because it matched with some clothes of my little daughter. But today, we lost it. She dropped it somewhere between her daycare and our appartment. I was quite upset since tomorrow we will go to my parents' in-law's house for lunch. What should I say if my mother in-law asks about the cute scarf.

*Ok, that will be my problem*

Actually, what I want to share in here is about another fleece scarf. I made a very simple fleece scarf last week-end. Of course, it was also for my little one. I thought, she might need more in case something bad happened (and yes, it happened today). Scarf is one of indispensable item during winter. We have to prepare some backups.

The fleece scarf that I made is in bordeaux red, from a quite thick fleece (I don't know what kind of fleece, but definitely not microfleece or windpro/maiden mills). It's thicker than the DPAM fleece scarf that we lost.

I made some blanket stitches to frame the scarf by using embroidery threads. Then, I made an initial of my little one, E, at one of the corner of the scarf. C'est tout. That's all. Easy, heh?

*In the photo above, my DIY scarf is on the left. Another one is DPAM scarf*

No comments: