Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ikan Asam-asam (Fish Soup in Lemon)


I missed Asam-asam restaurant in Cikarang, not far from my previous office. My fav dish was sour 'patin' fish soup. It was sour and a little bit hot, but so so yummy. Especially if it was accompanied with a big glass of young coconut drink. Ooh...

Then couple days ago I tried to make sour fish soup. To add the taste of sour, usually Indonesian people use bilimbi. But I did not have it here. So I put lemon.

Ingredients:
  • 3 pieces of Colin fish
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 red chillies, chopped
  • 1 green paprika, chopped
  • 2 slices of lemon
  • 2 tbsp of lemon juice for marinade the fish
  • 1 tbsp of lemon juice for sauce
  • 1 salam leave
  • 1-2 tsp sweet soya sauce
  • salt, pepper
  • cooking oil
  • water

How to make it:
  • Rub the fish with some salt and lemon juice, let them for 10-15 minutes before cooking
  • Fry the chopped onion with little oil until it becomes browny
  • Add paprika, fry until it is half cooked
  • Add the fish, cook well with some water
  • Add the chillies, slices of lemon, lemon juice, salam leave, sweet soya sauce, salt and pepper
  • Taste it, add more salt and/or pepper if needed
  • Serve with rice
I have been thinking to try with salmon. The taste must be better.

No comments: